Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pencil Flowers

Hi, fellow TJers! The fun item I've chosen for you today is an online bonus technique from the April/May 2009 issue of Technique Junkies Newsletter. If you don't have this issue, you can always order back issues or CDs.

The first picture shows the flower from the top. I used a "bling pencil" that I received for Christmas, and it already had the pretty jewel on top. It was perfect for this project.


In this picture, you can just barely see the pencil below the flower. Of course, you can also see that my center is a bit high. Keep that in mind when you make these!

I did these pencils as a make & take for the monthly card group that I belong to. A couple of the ladies are teachers and thought these would make great teacher or parent gifts. Any other ideas?


Cathy Yamashita

4 comments:

Hetty said...

Cathy, this is absolutely wonderful!
Great to give as a present. Wonderful to do with children.

Shelly Hickox said...

These are so cute! I really need to try one.

Beth Norman said...

Cathy, you did such an awesome job!!!

Kathie McGuire said...

Hey Cathy! I wrote and filmed that tutorial and I have to say you've done a marvelous job on this one. It's fabulous!!