Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sparkle Paper

Hello, TJ fans! I have a sample for you today using the Sparkle Paper Technique from the June 2008 issue of Technique Junkies Newsletter. I used a Cuttlebug folder that came with some matching sentiment dies. I cut the words once from black card stock and again from yellow card stock and layered them, slightly offset. This is a terrific technique, but you can't look at it in bright light - it's blinding! When viewed in subdued light, the results are spectacular.

This was a fun technique that I had not tried before. Now it's your turn. Dig out those issus of Technique Junkies Newsletter that you've been waiting to try. . . and try them!
Cathy Yamashita

8 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so cool! I need to go back and look at that newsletter - I don't ever remember seeing this technique.

Terry said...

Fantastic card!

Evelyn S. said...

I, too, need to go back and look at this technique! This is a fabulous card, Cathy! Love that ribbon embellishment, too.

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful Cathy. It really grabs my attention.

Beth said...

Beautiful Cathy and I just love those colors together just so classy looking.

Diana said...

You're right - it's a breath of spring :) Thanks for sharing and I need to look at that newsletter also.

stamps&cars said...

That is a WOW card, Cathy! ;-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I love your card!!! I have to go check out that technique! TFS