Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Antiqued Glimmers

Wow, can you believe it's March already?! Today, I have a fabulous and really easy technique for you call Antiqued Glimmers from the Dec 2009/Jan 2010 issue of Technique Junkies Newsletter. My card was made with dark green and brushed gold card stock. The image was done on Kraft card stock. Stamps are by Stampscapes. I know you can't tell from the picture, but the image is very shimmery. The background and stamp choice make this a great "guy card".
You really should give this one a try! If you don't have this issue, contact Pat through her web site.

Stay warm. . . Spring is on the way!

Cathy Yamashita

11 comments:

Ramblin Rose said...

Do you promise spring is on the way?? LOL Lovely card Pat.

stamps&cars said...

Wonderful, Cathy! Great colors and I can almost see the shimmer!

Evelyn S. said...

Cathy!!! This is fabulous!

kim e. said...

hi pat, the card is so peacful...the colors go so well together...going to have to copy!!!thanks so much for the inspiration!
kim e.

Sandra said...

perfect stamp for this technique!
Love it!
Sandra

Judy Jackson said...

Just gorgeous, Cathy!

Orion Designs said...

Beautiful card Cathy!

Pat Huntoon said...

Well done, Cathy!

Beth said...

Oh Ms Cathy how beautiful now this needs to be framed.

Shelly Hickox said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! This technique will go down as one of my all-time favorites.

Beth Norman said...

OMG you do scenes too. Is there anything you don't do? LOL, thud. A nearby store carries Stampscapes but I am so anal, I'd need $300 worth of stamps before I would be satisfied, and that's just to get me started. This is so beautiful. The way the colours work with the stamps is esquisite. I also like the addition of the geese. I hope they are flying back from the south now.