Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Faux Rusty Metal from Cathy Yamashita

Happy Tuesday, fellow stampers! Today I have a technique from the April/May 2010 edition of Technique Junkie Newsletter called Faux Rusty Metal. In person, this card has so much more texture, color variation, and shimmer than you can see in this picture. This is the perfect tecnhique to use if you have birdcage, gear, lock/key dies or other dies of things that would be metal in real life. It is a very cool, easy technique.

The stamps for this card are by Artistic Outpost. The image was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The image piece is edged with a copper Krylon Leafing Pen, mounted on black, then mounted on brushed copper.

OK, now get out your issues of Technique Junkie Newsletter and create something new for you. Then post it by e-mail to Technique Junkies so we can see it! Pretty Please?!

Cathy Y

14 comments:

stamps&cars said...

Serene indeed! Wonderful, Cathy!

Hetty said...

What a wonderful card, Cathy!

Evelyn S. said...

Beautiful rust, Cathy! Love that image, anyway, and it works so well with this technique.

Diana said...

Beautiful and I just purchased a great stamp for this.Thanks for sharing

Beth Norman said...

How pretty. I love how easy a card this is. Perfect look for a man.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous!!! I look forward to stamping and trying this out! TFS