Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Glitzy Lace by Cathy Yamashita

Wow, can you believe Easter is already behind us and Spring is officially here?

Today's card uses one of my favorite techniques called Glitzy Lace from the April/May 2010 Technique Junkie Newsletter. Not a subscriber yet? Go here for all the information, plus free Watercolor Crayon Tutorials!

One of my dear friends has me make all her cards, and this one is for her in-laws' 50th Wedding Anniversary inMay. The lace I used in making this card was a leftover piece from a wedding gown I made for a sister-in-law in 1984. The numbers are Cuttlebug die cuts and the frame die is by Nestabilities. The Glitzy Lace piece is edged with a gold Krylon Leafing Pen, then mounted on Brushed Gold card stock and Paper Trey Stampers' Select White card stock.

I hope you are enjoying Spring!

Cathy Yamashita

7 comments:

Terry said...

Yes, you are the queen!! Just lovely!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am bowing to her majesty! What a GORGEOUS card!!! You are the queen of glitzy lace!

Evelyn S. said...

Yes, Cathy...this is a regal creation! That's such a beautiful piece of lace, and your use of it is wonderful.

Lynne said...

Very, very pretty, Cathy. I haven't tried this yet but this sure is an inspiration to do so! Thanks...

Beth Norman said...

This is so perfect for an anniversary card. Very beautiful.

stamps&cars said...

Oooooo......beautiful. I bought some lace at the last convention just to try this technique.

Beth said...

OMG Cathy this is beautiful I can see why Pat calls you the queen so elegant.