Saturday, May 1, 2010

Faux Designer Paper by Judy Jackson


Have you ever purchased something and when you bought it, you liked the colors but weren't really sure how you would use it? And when you got it home and really looked at it an idea came to mind using those colors? That happened to me today! I have purchased ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon many times and they have wonderful ribbons -- often ribbons you will not find anywhere else. I ordered some ribbons from their website a couple of days ago and they arrived in the mail today. I thought the blue and brown tones together would be pretty and oh they are! After I put the ribbons away, I kept thinking about the blue/brown tones of this ribbon and went to work creating this card. I used Artistic Outpost's Birds of a Feather with Tim Holtz's swirl stamp from Stampers Anonymous for this creation. I dusted on a tiny amount of Perfect Pearls on the bird which was stamped with black soot Distress Ink. Spritzed it all with a little bit of water to really set the Perfect Pearls. Then I added one of the Ideology leaves and tiny floral embellishments that I touched up with some color. Spritzed the background and the focal image with some home made glimmer mist. The ribbon is tied around the layers and adhered to the base card. I wish you could see the shimmering effect of this card!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you have a chance to create!
Judy Jackson

20 comments:

stamps&cars said...

Love the vintage look!

Ann Marie S. said...

Hello,,, I just had to tell you "HOW BEAUTIFUL" THESE CARDS ARE. OMGGGG,, I just luv the colors. Keep up the great work.

Terry said...

Wow, that is fantastic! I just ordered that stamp set and now I am so excited. Beautiful colors!!!

Evelyn S. said...

How beautiful that ribbon is...and it's perfect with your creation. Good thinking!

Vickie Kertz said...

You could not have matched the colors any better. I love this combination. The ribbon accent is fantastic. TFS

Lynn Stevens said...

Its really Gorgeous Judy, and that ribbon is the perfect touch.

Hetty said...

Awsome card, Judy!

Sonja said...

Wow very lovely. I can imagine how it shimmers!

Cathy Y said...

Wowza, Judy. That is very elegant!

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty. I'm going to check out Really Reasonable Ribbon because you got excited about your ribbon. TFS.

BarbaraW said...

What a wonderful card. The ribbon is an elegant match to your image.

Windy said...

Your card is beautiful! The ribbon is a perfect match.
I have a lot of leftovers and have them stored in a ten drawer unit by color groups. Sure would be nice to have some projects showing how to use all of them.
Evette
evetterice@aol.com

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful card!

Sandi M said...

Judy, This is such a great color combo!

Lyn said...

Love everything about your card, Judy. It is so simply elegant.

Rena Sawatski said...

Beautiful card Judy. Never would have thought of using those particular colour combinations.

Robyn said...

great colors and ribbon- thanks for sharing the technique

Kathie McGuire said...

Your card is stunning! Great choice and colors and techniques. I am so thrilled that you shared it. You made my eyes very "happy"! :)

~Kathie

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful vintage look! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

JP Card Crazy said...

Stunnin! Love the colors!!!