Friday, May 7, 2010

Two for One from Shelly!

Happy Friday everyone! I have two cards to share with you today. The first is a card I made using the Embossed Crayon Resist Technique from the Oct/Nov '09 issue. This is one of those techniques that keeps evolving for me. By using different color combinations and ways of applying color, you can end up with very different results! For this card, I wanted a Victorian leather/wallpaper look to go with my new Steampunk stamps from Oxford Impressions.

My next card is one I made in response to the Faux Designer Paper technique challenge. Honestly, I don't need much encouragement to try this technique - I absolutely love it! Again, the stamps are all from the Steampunk collection by Oxford Impressions.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Shelly Hickox

10 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Fabulous, Shelly! That DOES look like leathery wallpaper....and goes beautifully with the image. The second one is equally fabulous.

Diana said...

both of these cards are great......both are have a vintage look to them.
Thanks

Shelly Schmidt said...

Both are wonderful- love the wallpaper look of the BG- perfect for the image- and the 2nd try is fantastic too! TFS

Hetty said...

What an awsome show of cards! Love the textures!

Wanda H said...

Shelly, both cards are wonderful!!!

wwilloww said...

Great Cards!!!

stamps&cars said...

Love them both!

Judy Jackson said...

These are just wonderful
Shelly! I want to get this stamp set!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome cards as usual Shelly!

Miss Iowa said...

These are wonderful! I especially love the red color and the technique of the first card. Eye candy, for sure.