Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Faux Metal with Judy jackson


There are times when I go to create a card that stamps, tools, and techniques just seem to say, "Hey, we will work well together!" That happend with this card. Does it ever happen when you are creating?
I read the technique, then as I looked through my embossing folders I immediately thought of this Fleur d'lis stamp from Club Scrap. After I had completed the faux metal embossed panel, and had adhered all of the parts together I still thought it needed something. It needed something that would give the card the glimmer and shine of metal. I grabbed my little mini mister with white Perfect Pearls home made glimmer spray. Voila! This was the perfect accent! It is masculine -- yet has a soft touch with the silver organdy ribbon.
Have a creative week!
Judy Jackson

7 comments:

lilscrappers said...

wish I could find some small spray bottles to try that! It gives the perfect touch to a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

This is a great card.....and everything did work together well.

Thanks

Hetty said...

Pink and faux metal...who would think of that combination?! It looks great, Judy!

wwilloww said...

I love your card! This is such a great technique and you chose a great embossing folder for it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

nancy y said...

Perfect match! What a great card and I like the extra glimmer!

Beth Norman said...

Indeed I do go through wondering if something will go with another. Your combination is lovely.

Evelyn S. said...

This is just great, Judy!