Thursday, June 24, 2010

Try That Technique

Good morning. Beth here with this week's Try That Technique challenge.

Try That Technique is on the table every Thursday, when Diana Enns and I challenge each other to use an older well-loved technique from the Technique Junkie Newsletter. This week the challenge came from December 2006, and the one we chose was Pointillism.

Don't forget to hop on over to see Diana's wonderful work.

I wasn't sure what Pointillism even meant, so I googled to find out the definition, which says it is a series of small strokes and dots of contrasting colour so at a distance the colours look blended together. I'd say that whoever developed this technique was a brainiac to know the definition of the name Pointillism.

Congratulations April Puzzuoli, your card is on the Yahoo group home page for one week. Thank you for playing.

For your chance to win and have your card on the homepage, leave a comment on this post so I can visit. You can post to the Yahoo group as well.

Good luck to every one.


7 comments:

Orion Designs said...

That's a gorgeous card Beth. I've never had any luck with that technique -- I must try it again!

Hetty said...

What a lovely card Beth! I really like the explosion of colors!

Evelyn S. said...

Those are unbelievable colors, Beth! I LOVE this card!

Tricia said...

Beth, great card and I loved Diana's too...

I decided to take your challenge...please take a look...
http://thepassionatestamper.blogspot.com/2010/06/pointillism-tilda.html

BarbaraW said...

My challenge card can be found here:
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2010/06/play-date-cafe-challenge-35-with.html
I'll also post to the TJ group.

Holly said...

I posted my card to the TJ yahoo group. This card will also be on my blog on Thursday, so I will comment again when I have a link to that blog post.

Holly said...

Here is the link to the post on my blog:

http://glitterstampsandink.blogspot.com/2010/07/qkr-pointillism-snowman-couple.html

Thanks for the inspiration to try this technique!