Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beaded Box










Happy Saturday and Happy July 4th weekend!! It's Kathie McGuire here with a 3-D project to share with you.

I made this box for my best friend because she was out of town on vacation for 8 days and my papercrafting room just wasn't the same without her. I decided to make her a "Welcome Home" present and chose this project because she loves boxes.

I made the panels on the lower portion of this box using the Metallic Echo technique from 2/06. I morphed it quite a bit so the technique is pretty faint in the background, but I still like it. I ended up adding some metallic acrylic paints to the cardstock panels because I thought it needed a little more "flash".

The lid is covered with a beaded applique which I'm sure was inteneded for a jacket or blouse, but when my friend and I saw it in a fabric store we thought it would make a great addition to a box top. I added some silver round bead and small coordinating seed type beads on the sides of the box by putting a drop of Crystal Effects where I wanted it and then pushing the beads into it.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to learn new techniques through the TJ group. The techniques are such an asset to me when I'm making one-of-a-kind gifts.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~Kathie

3 comments:

Terry said...

Oh My!!! Kathie that is gorgeous, beautiful and stunning! Love it!

Evelyn S. said...

Wow...Kathie! Only wonderful jewels should be kept in this wonderful box!

Beth Norman said...

Awesome. Your use of your technique is beautiful. Lovely beading too.