Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sanded Core' dinations with Judy Jackson


There I was in AC Moore -- shopping for other things -- and I spotted some new Core'dinations background paper in single sheets. This sheet was already embossed with butterflies -- and it called out to me, "Buy me, buy me!" So like any good stamper/shopper, of course I did! How could I resist it?
After I got it home, it sat on a shelf for a while -- and I pondered how I would use it. I knew of course, I would use the Sanded Core' dinations technique from the April 2010 Technique Junkie newsletter. The question really was what else will I do with this technique on a card!
So of course I sanded it, then carefully sponged some dark red ink over the embossed images to make them pop a bit more. I used a butterfly stamp from Heather's Stamping Haven in Nepean, Ontario and butterfly verse I really like. They are stamped on vellum. I embossed both in white embossing powder -- and against the white of the Core'dinations paper the verse didn't show up very well so I sponged some red on the back side of the vellum until the verse was readable. I used a red marker on the back side of the vellum to add color to the butterflies. I attached the vellum using my Xyron machine. I really like how you can see the embossed butterflies through the vellum on the top layer. There is a layer of shimmery metallic red paper behind the Core' dination paper. You can purchase this paper from Paper Temptress. It is called Stardreams Ruby and it is text weight. The ribbon and pearl accent ties it all together.
I hope you have some creative time this summer.
Judy Jackson

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Gorgeous. So soft and elegant.