Thursday, August 5, 2010

Try that Technique -- Card #2 from Pat

As you know, today's Try that Technique is Textured Tape from the October 2005 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I actually made TWO cards for this technique: the one above, and the one on my personal blog HERE: http://patstamps.blogspot.com.  Obviously I made this from the same background as the other -- but I like how I can use them in two different ways. The card on this blog has a more elegant feel to it; my blog has a more whimsical feel.

This card uses Starving Artistamps Fossil stamps and a Seaside Stamping saying with the Out of the Box Technique (October 2004 TJ Newsletter). If you look closely you can see that I embossed the background and highlighted the embossing. I love this card in person!

Beth's post below this one shows an exquisite example of using the technique rich with color. I found her card VERY inspirational!  Now...it is time for YOU to Try that Technique!
 



3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty. Your technique looks so 3-D and textured. Well, I really mean "textured" not just the name.

Hetty said...

Lovely card, looks like I want to feel it!

Cathy Y said...

Well, it certainly is gorgeous in the picture!