Thursday, August 26, 2010

TRY THAT TECHNIQUE: Fossil Stone

Hello stampers, it's Beth here with this week's TRY THAT TECHNIQUE challenge.

But what is the technique you ask? The Fossil Stone technique from the April 2006 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. Diana Enns and I challenge each other to trying a new technique each week, so pop over to leave her some love on her Herringbone technique post.

My Fossil Stone technique is behind the I Brake for Stamps butterfly. The background was smudged with ink pads on glossy paper. My flourish is from Fancy Pants, which is no longer available (I was lucky to buy it the moment it came out).

Each week, you are invited to submit a card using the technique of the week, This week we feature the Fossil Stone technique. Post your card on the Design Junkie blog post where I highlight this technique. You can also submit it to the Technique Junkie Newsletter yahoo group as well. We love to see your stuff.

CONGRATULATIONS APRIL PUZZUOLA you are the winner this week. Your card is on the Yahoo group home page.

Have a great day!


4 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I think this is one of the techs I really like (sometimes, I get confused by the names!)...so I should try it again. Very pretty card!

wwilloww said...

That's a beautiful card Beth!! I have one just about ready to go...

BarbaraW said...

I love this technique. Why hadn't I tried it before? Here's my card:
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2010/08/try-that-technique-fossil-stone-and.html

Michele said...

i guess i was late posting my card -- i'll be faster next week. here's the link to my fossil stone effort: http://artfromthewell.blogspot.com/2010/08/dodo-in-fossil.html

love your work and thanks for putting out these great challenges. i never would have tried this had it not been for the "try that technique" challenge! xo