Saturday, December 18, 2010

Side Step Christmas



BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR A LARGER VIEW

Good Saturday morning TJ friends from Kathie McGuire!!!

I'm having a blast with the Side Step technique from the Technique Junkies Fancy Folds and Motion CD! It's loaded with great projects, and this is my current favorite.

The base for this card was pre-printed, but I took the liberty of giving the reindeer red noses with a little pearl paint. Wish I could remember the stamp company for the sentiment (I borrowed the stamp from a friend)--I thought it fit perfectly on the side portion of the card. The "ornament" came in a button package, so I added a ribbon on top and a bling-a-ling in the center. The gold snowflakes were buttons; I cut the shanks off with a jewelry cutter so I could glue them flat to the "steps".

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're enjoying all of the season's festivities wherever you are in the world!!

Kind wishes,

Kathie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathie, this turned out beautiful. I haven't tried any of these techs on the new cd.....but intend to soon.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, Kathie. Merry Christmas!

Ann said...

Everything you do is gorgeous, Kathy! This is no exception!

Evelyn S. said...

This is truly beautiful, Kathie! I wish I could find that sentiment...it's wonderful! Beautifully create, as always.

Beth Norman said...

The minute I saw this I knew it was from you. You did a bang up job with this card. So unique, as always.

slbt17 said...

lovely!
Sandra

Kate Burroughs said...

Beautiful card, nice work!
Aloha, Kate

debbie said...

love your card... I so want to try this fold
Debbie

Vicki Romaine said...

Don't you just love that CD? I really like your card. I hope you didn't have to make very many, but this one is really nice.

Niki said...

Am eagerly awaiting the CD in the mail. So far, I haven't tackled the mailman in the driveway.

Gorgeous card, love the bling

Hetty said...

Wow, you made a great card on this technique. Happy holidays Kathie and good luck with all your plans in 2011!

Chrissy D said...

Very Pretty Kathie!