Thursday, May 26, 2011

Denim, Rust, and Dust Challenge on Gingersnap Creations by Judy Jackson

When I read about this challenge on Gingersnap Creations, I knew just the colors to use! And of course I had to use the Faux Denim technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter -- that was just a given!
I chose to use this beautiful young lady stamp from Victoria Case rubber stamps. I used my Copics to color her.
Then I remembered I had started a tote bag with material from an older pair of jeans. I had cut off the rear pockets and saved them. I wondered if I could incorporate that piece of real denim onto my card. I cut down the size of the pocket and sewed it on to my faux denim treated card stock. I created a tag with the same color layers as the base card and stuck it in the pocket.
My thoughts went to to the Stampbooking CD coming out very soon (have you ordered yours, yet?) and I remembered a technique on the CD. Yes, I can use that technique in a modifed way - so this is a sneak peak of that technique! A rust ribbon finishes off the pocket and the card is finished.
Even though the CD is truly geared for Stampbooking, there are lots of techniques that can be used in card making as well. One of the things I love about rubber stamping and scrapbooking is that the techniques for one are often usable in both. so even if you are only a card maker, the Stampbooking CD will be valuable for you as well. So, i ask you again -- have you ordered your Stampbooking CD yet?
The tag can be a book mark for the recipient as well.
Enjoy your crafting experience today!
Judy Jackson

3 comments:

Hetty said...

Fantastic card, Judy! And a real denim pocket, wow. Complete and beautiful.

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Judy! Fabulous job! So many wonderful details!

Kathie McGuire said...

This is so clever and wonderful!! Great idea and so nicely executed. Thanks, Judy, for such a happy card!