Saturday, June 18, 2011

Faux Tooled Leather With Horses



Hi! Kathie McGuire here today sharing a card I made using the technique "Faux Tooled Leather" from the 10/04 newsletter AND the Emboss or Die CD.

This is such a fantastic technique for western themed cards. Although it's an old technique, I tried it a few months ago during a challenge. WOW! I didn't know what I'd been missing!

The image is from Coronado Island Stamps. I stamped it with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then sprayed it with Cinnamon Glimmer Mist. And lastly, I sponged around the edges to give it a "frame."

8 comments:

MezzoKat said...

That tooled leather effect is so realistic! Love the horses, too.

Vickie Kertz said...

I can not believe how much this really does look like leather. Great job.

Ret said...

Kathie, this is soooo beautiful, it looks so real!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card. I love the look!

Michele said...

wow! this is gorgeous! xo

Hetty said...

This is a beautiful gift for someone. The faux leather looks so real. Great card, Kathie.

Terry said...

Talk about realistic and so gorgeous! Love the faux leather and the horse images is amazing! Fabulous, Kathy!

Donna said...

WOW!