Friday, August 19, 2011

Faux Washi Pot and Dragonfly




CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR A LARGER IMAGE

Hello TJ Friends from Kathie McGuire. Today, I'm sharing a card with a background using the Faux Washi technique from the 8-2011 newsletter. It's such an easy and fast background to make; I've made dozens, then stashed them away for the time when I need a fantastic background.

I stamped a pot stamp and a small dragonfly stamp (with Versamark and heat embossed them) from Michael Strong Stamps along with some pre-cut flowers from the bridal section at Michael's. I sponged some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the flowers because they were a little too bright, then added a few gems to the centers. I decided my little dragonfly needed some motion, so I ran a copper cord through the flowers and attached it to his tail! Fly away, be free!!!

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and thanks for much for stopping by to visit the TJ Blog today!!

Kathie

5 comments:

Wax Beach Artist said...

Pretty card and I absolutely love the copper cord!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I love the background- Gorgeous card!

Diana said...

Very pretty - the MS stamps just fit this background

Connie Paxman said...

Kathy this is divine and beautiful...the flowers are screaming to join the butterfly...I will have to try this techie...
connie paxman

Hetty said...

Absolutely a wonderful card, Kathie!