Saturday, April 27, 2013

Painted Rhodie

Ann Clack here with a technique of the week card for you!  This week's technique is the Paint Swatch Technique.  My card uses a stamp from one of our current vendors called Sweet Stamps.  She doesn't call it a Rhododendron but I think that it looks enough like one.....I do love them!

I stamped the image directly over the the technique and colored it in with copics.  Then since it looked too light, I swapped to a darker color and colored in the flowers and leaves darker.  Then it was too dark and looked like a blob so I went back and lightened it with my blender pen.  Added a little dots (stamps from itty bitty SU set) and voila!  Ready to go. 

For the shadow layer on the sentiment I just traced around the die that I used for the sentiment and hand cut it. 

I hope that you enjoy!


3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Really pretty. I like the coloured Copics over top.

StampingJudy said...

Gorgeous! Love the stippling on the paint swatches!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- LOVE!!!