Monday, April 22, 2013

Technique of the Week: Faux paint Swatch

Welcome to the Technique of the Week! This week we are celebrating the Faux Paint Swatch Technique from the April 2013 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I adore this technique! It is so versatile and easy. I actually demo this at trade shows, and the ease of it never ceases to amaze people. I hope you will try it and play along!

For my example, I used Art Neko stamps on yellow cardstock. Although the original directions tell you to use white or neutral cardstock, there is nothing wrong with spicing things up a bit!  I used shades of green chalk inks for the paint swatches, and Copic Markers to color the bird.

These gorgeous Art Neko stamps have been on the edge of my desk for a week and I have been dying to ink them up. The bamboo stamp in the background has two birds on it, under the sentiment, but I wanted to change things up a bit with the bamboo stamp (and I was dying to color that bird!). Just a reminder that TJ folks get free shipping for orders over $50.00 with the code TJ'sFREE50. There area ton of gorgeous stamps on sale at Art Neko, too.

I would love to see what you do with this technique! Whether you stamp on it directly or use it as a background, it is a wonderful way to add color. Play along and share on the egroup.

No comments: