Friday, July 19, 2013

Oldies but Goodies........

Happy Friday!  I am posting a card using some 'Older' backgrounds again this week. I learned to stamp via the Technique Junkies- so I encourage you to look back at some of the 'Older' techniques- which are all available on CD now- year by year! 
  I had to use some shimmery Technique Junkies backgrounds to create a colorful card. The far background is a TJ UFO....the seaweed layer was stamped onto the UFO first. Next I stamped it on a piece of text weight paper and onto a background called Simple Sumi (6/04). A couple of the areas on the Simple Sumi were dark, so where I could not see the lines, I cut out the image on the text paper and placed it over the dark area and then cut it out. I added shimmer to the background dots with Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.
 The turtle is stamped on a background called Pearl Ex Spray using Fall Fiesta Sparkle embossing Powder.  I added corner dies in Copper Metallic cardstock using a Cheery Lynn corner die.
  The image is called Cloisonne Sea Turtle/Seaweed. and is by Michael Strong Stamps. The digi sentiment is by Create with TLC.

Here is a sideview- hopefully capturing a better look at the shimmer:


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shelly

6 comments:

Elena said...

wow! It's so cute! I love it!

Beth Norman said...

This is so beautiful. Love the seaweed. Nice image too. I'm really starting to love Michael Strong thanks to you and Hetty.

Diana Enns said...

Beautiful card......I need to dig into my stash of TJ CD's and check out more techs.
Thanks

stamps&cars said...

Love all the layers of color

Holly said...

Gorgeous! That seaweed looks like it's moving - so cool!!!

Michele said...

so pretty! xo