Friday, July 5, 2013

Whats the Buzzzzzzzz

There are CD's for each year the Technique Junkies newsletter has been in print- did you know that???  This technique called Salt and Pepper is from the 2nd CD.  I used a fun new stamp called Hannah's busy Bee. I used a portion of the stamp, as you can see......


 This is such a sweet stamp- I stamped it and cut some of the hexagon's apart. The sentiment is by Create with TLC- always the perfect sentiment!
 Again- the background is from the Technique Junkies (June 2004) newsletter - this is one of the first techniques I tried when I joined- this one uses Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie.
 I made the background with a cut out of an SVG I cut from Bird's blog (Background 4)- covered it with Modge Podge and now use it as a stencil. I simply daubered on Pumpkin Pie ink.  I embossed a strip on the Lt- a honeycomb embossing folder that is about an inch wide by Sizzix and highlighted over the top of that with Pumpkin Pie ink as well.

 I would love to see you ink up and share what you make with the Technique Junkies!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Wow, that's an old technique you found. It's a great one. Love the bg colour and the hexagons.