Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fright Night!!

Happy Thursday Junkies!
Jerri here from A bushel and a hug to share a card I made with one of the new September stamps.

I had a lot of fun the other day playing with this card.  I used an embossing folder to create the background.  I inked up the inside of the folder with some purple and a tad bit of orange Distress Stain from Tim Holtz.  I did this one some watercolor paper.  The technique can be found on the Emboss or Die CD.  Once the paper was dry I brushed my black inked across the top of the raised portion to add even more dimension.  I also rubbed some of the metallic stain on some areas.  And.... because I can't leave well enough alone sometimes, I also added some white to a couple of the raised areas using a white pen.  I wanted to make sure they popped against the purple background.

The featured stamp on this project is called Fright Night. I love this stamp and actually used it on my card last week as well.  I love it so much though that I thought it could be used alone.  I stamped it on a piece of white card stock and then cut it out with a Spellbinders die.  Once cut out, I rubbed some of the Tim Holtz Pumice Stone and some of the Tim Holtz Black Soot along the edges.

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Check out all of the awesome new stamps at the TJ Website.

Have an awesome day!

Jerri



No comments: