Karen McAlpine with you today showcasing the Travel Themed stamps from the February new release collection. See all the new releases here. I also used a fun fold pattern from the Fancy Folds and Motion Technique CD.
Take a look at my purse shaped card.
Technique: Purse Gift Card Holder from Fancy Folds and Motion Technique CD
Ink: Espresso Truffle Memento; Butterscotch Adirondack
CS: Kraft; Cream; Sahara Sand Stampin' Up
Sailor 2 Way Glue
- Make the purse shape following the directions on the Fancy Folds and Motion CD. I omitted the bottom fold as I did not want to use the purse as a gift card holder, but as a card.
- Stamp New York Music on Kraft CS twice and cover front and inside with the pieces
- Stamp Paid in Full with butterscotch ink, The couple and sentiment from Vintage Travel Case with Espresso ink and use for the inside top
- On the flap, stamp New York Music
- To make the closure, stamp the Slide frame from the Oh, Snap stamp set on cream CS and on a scrap of paper--use image on scrap paper to create a mask
- Cover Slide frame with the mask and stamp the couple
- Fussy cut the slide frame
- Put dimensional adhesive on the top half of the closure
- One the bottom half of the closure put a small amount of the 2 Way glue and let it dry completely---now the glue will make a temporary adhesion to hold the purse shut
- Punch two holes in the flap and add the ribbon handle
Isn't this fun!!?? I really love the all the travel themed stamps in the February New releases collection!! They all seem to work so well together. If you like stamping multiple images or collage stamping, you will love the sets. I will see you next time with more crafty goodness. Until then, keep on stamping.
Dreaming and Creating