Friday, March 4, 2016

Easy Inking with the MISTI

TJ Inkspirations
Techniques, Tips and Creative Ideas to Inspire your Muse
In This Issue
Friday Chat with Pat

15% Discount!

Remember that the March Release stamps are 15% off until March 8th! Make sure you take advantage of the discount before time runs out!
Travel Days!

I will be on the road at tradeshows (see below) for the next week. Although I have hired staff, there may be some circumstances where all or part of your order cannot be completed immediately.  Know that we will do our best to fill all orders quickly, and know that we will let you know if there is any delay. Your patience is appreciated!
An update on 
MISTI's
shipping dates! 
The regular MISTIs are in stock; all preorders haves shipped.

The MINI MISTIs will be arriving next week  and all pre-orders will be shipped immediately.

Have you ordered yours yet?

 Come see us in Rockford IL
and
Columbus OH
Our next stop:
Rockford IL Stamp Scrap Art Tour.
THIS WEEKEND!
Saturday March 5 
10 am to 5 pm
and 
Sunday May 6
10 am to 3 pm

Immediately after Rockford, we will be heading to:

Columbus OH 

Friday, March 12
& Saturday March 13
 10 am to 5 pm.

Come shop, play and make some art - we would love to meet you!
Dear Patricia, 
This month's release brought so many fun stamps! One of my favorites is the stamp I am working with today, called Bring Your Own Sunshine.  Today we have a quick inking method showing how to place different colors of ink on different parts of a stamp using theMISTI

I am also excited to introduce you to Holster Brands -- two new organizational tools to help keep your workspace neat.

 
 
Easy Multi-colored Inking
 
This is the easiest way ever to stamp several colors on one stamp.
 
 All you need is a MISTI, several colors of ink, cardstock and a stamp. Position the stamp where you would like to place it on the outside of the MISTI, then move the stamp to the inside cover, using the grid as a guide.
  
Mask the bottom part of the stamp. Ink the top part (the umbrella), then remove the mask. 
Close the hinge to stamp the image.
  
Repeat masking and inking in the center area, removing the scrap paper and stamping; thenrepeat again with the bottom portion of the stamp (the boots) to complete the image.
  
 
Put on your Holster!
 
  Now for one more new group of things...the Heat Tool (Hot Iron) Holster. I love these products. The are made of heavy duty silicone, and are designed to hang off of your work surface. The one above is perfect for your heat tool:
These are great for keeping your heat tool off your table and at your fingertips. A confession: I am always afraid that I might slip and leave my heat tool on when I am away from my studio desk; having my heat tool tucked into it's holster makes me feel better.

Note that the product is actually called a Hot Iron Holster - the company is rebranding the silicone to some other name eventually, but I didn't want to wait six more months to offer it! ...and yes, they are great for holding your hot iron also.

These retail for $19.95  and I a limited supply available in 3 colors: Purple, Black and Hot Pink.

I have one more Holster item available...the Hobby Holster. This is a smaller version, and holds smaller items.
 
I like to use mine for scissor, pens, pencils, adhesive and paintbrushes - things I like to have at my fingertips.  I also found out that you can put water into the top (or bottom) pocket and hold your paintbrushes in the water without the water migrating to the other pocket (they are water tight):

The Hobby Holster retails for $19.95 and I have them in blue. I have only a few of these in stock, but will take orders when I run out.
Holster up!
I hope you are a little inkspired by today's issue. See you next week!
 
Sincerely,
 

Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkies LLC 

No comments: