Friday, March 25, 2016

Fluttering By

TJ Inkspirations
Techniques, Tips and Creative Ideas to Inspire your Muse
In This Issue
Friday Chat with Pat

Next Week is 
Release Day!

Next Friday is April 1st - Technique Junkies Release Day (no foolin'!). Watch for our monthly design team blog hop along with a baker's dozen of new stamps...I can't wait to show you!

Oopsie Daisy

If you read this column last week, you realize that I promised the daisy tag tutorial. Unfortunately, I had some technical difficulties this week so the Daisy Tag tutorial has been postpone.  Just a couple more weeks...
Pre-order before a show


and I will bring and hold it for you. It's a good way to make sure that you get your MISTIs and Holsters before I run out!
All  
MISTIs and Holsters
are now in stock
Have you ordered yours yet?

 Come see us in
Allentown PA
and Akron OH
Our next stop:

Allentown PA
Heirloom Productions

Saturday April 2nd
10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, April 3rd
11am to 4pm

After that...
Akron OH
Adventures in Stamping

Saturday, April 23
10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, April 24rd
10 am to 3 pm
I am teaching two classes in Akron:
The Flourish and Floral Gift Box:
Click HERE for details on joining this class!

and the 
The Floral Minx:

Click HERE for details on joining this class!

Come shop, play and make some art - we would love to meet you!
Dear Patricia, 
Today we have some pretty butterflies to fill your inbox! I am here to show you two easy ways to use the Vintage Butterfly Collection, new to the Palettini Line in March. 

One of the reasons I love this stamps so much is because you can color it simply, just by coloring the background alone, or you color each of the individual butterflies. I am here to show you both ways!

Vintage Butterflies
 
 
Fluttering By
 
First we will explore how easy it is to color the Vintage Butterfly Collection without fuss, just by spraying the background:  
I started by stamping the image twice with StazOn ink.

With the first image, I sprayed four colors of Art Anthology Colorations Sprays over the background: Avocado, Waimea Bay, Granny Smith, and Peacock Feathers. I set that aside to dry. The background was done, just like that!

I wanted to use some butterfly embellishments on my finished piece, though, so I pulled out my Art Anthology Shimmering Minx.

  
I simply used an acrylic block for a palette, and dropped three colors of MINX on it. MINX come in a dropper bottle, making it easy to dispense just a little bit (or a lot) as needed. I used Allure, Panache and Stargazer for my colors.
 
To create my butterfly embellishments, I used the second sheet of stamped butterflies to paint several of the individual butterflies with MINX. The ink is creamy and moves beautifully -- allowing for instantly blended images. Note that I went well outside the lines of the images - making sure each butterfly was fully saturated with color.

Once the images were painted, they were dried with a heat tool and cut out individually (have I ever mentioned that I adore cutting?).

To finish, I adhered each of the butterflies to a little square of color so that the individual images popped a little off the page. I wish you could see the shimmer -- they are really very sparkly, in a soft, subtle way.

The sentiment used on this piece is Flutter By.
 
The Colorful Collection
Let_s Face It 3

The second way to use the Vintage Butterfly Collection is to color each of the individual butterflies. Not hard, really - the hardest part is picking the colors!

The piece above was stamped in Memento Black Ink, on Neenah Solor White card stock, and colored with Copic Markers. The background was colored with a grey marker, just to offset the pretty butterflies in the foreground.
Time Enough
The sentiment on this piece is Time Enough . Have you noticed that the Technique Junkies line has MANY butterflies and sentiments?  They are sold individually, but you can get all 7 of the butterfly sentiments  in the Butterflies Quotes Set, too, for $17.95. I'm just sayin'...

Butterflies Quotes_ Set of 7_ $17.95
I hope you are a little inkspired by today's issue. See you next week!
 
Sincerely,
 

Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkies LLC 

No comments: