Karen McAlpine here today! I would like to share how I made this decorated gift bag. I used one of the new Palettini Stamps from the March releases and stamped on fabric to create this shabby chic project.
Ink: Black from Memories
Kraft Gift Bag (I used a bag 8" x 10.5")
CS: dark brown
White Muslin (100% cotton)
Leather shoe lace
Sheer Brown Ribbon
Note: use Fabri-Tac glue through out to adhere all pieces
- Tear or cut a piece of muslin fabric to desired size about 4.5" x 6"
- Iron the fabric to remove all the wrinkles
- Stamp the image on the fabric with the Memories ink---Note: this ink is good for fabric even though it is a dye ink.
- Protect ironing board with a press cloth, lay stamped fabric down and cover with a press cloth and iron (no steam)
- Pressing with the iron will heat set the ink. I will not be washing this project obviously, but now the ink will not smear.
- Glue the fabric piece to dark brown CS--set aside
- Cut the corner off a vintage doily. Note:To keep the edges together, before cutting lay down a strip of tape in area where you want to cut; cut through the tape. Now, each edge of the doily will not unravel.
- Glue doily to bag
- Now add the stamped fabric piece
- Glue all the laces and trims to the bag
- Add the flowers and ribbon
- Tie lengths of brown sheer ribbon to the handle
Oh, just a fun way to add a little fabric to your projects. Hope you enjoyed!! See you next time.
Dreaming and Creating