Friday, May 13, 2016

Welcome to MISTI Maynia!


TJ Inkspirations
Techniques, Tips and Creative Ideas to Inspire your Muse
In This Issue

Friday Chat with Pat

Big Clearance Sale!


I  have sooo many images that are being discontinued so that I can continue to add new ones each month.  They have to go!



Images are peiced to go from $.50 to $5.00. There are some great bargains there! 



Shop the sale 



Pre-order before a show



If you are coming to a show that is on my schedule, and you would like me to bring products for you (so you save shipping!) email me at phuntoon@optonline.net


and I will bring and hold it for you. 



No need to pay me before the show (this will allow you to shop in the booth, too). Just let me know which show and which day you are attending. I will hold your items until 2:30 pm the day you are scheduled to come in.  


Finall!

Novus Cleaner, Magnets and Grid paper are all on the site for sale. Click on the Misti tab under products and accessories for yours.


The Mini MISTIs are in stock...
AND
The Original MISTIs are back in stock again!
Have you ordered yours yet?


 Come see us in
Syracuse NY
and 
West Springfield MA!
Our next stop:

Syracure NY

Saturday, May 21
10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, May 22nd
11 am to 4 pm

I am teaching One class in Syracuse:
The Flourish and Floral Gift Box:
Click HERE for details on joining this class!
After that:

West Springfield MA
Heirloom 
Saturday, June 4
10am to 5pm
Sunday, June 5
11am to 4m


Come shop, play and make some art - we would love to meet you!
It's MISTI May-nia, and My Sweet Petunia is giving away a Mini MISTI every day of the month! Today is our day for the giveaway. If you would like to take a chance to win the MINI MISTI (Value $45.00), simply leave a comment for me on the Mini MISTI May-nia post on the TEchnique Junkies Design Team Post. A random winner will be selected from the comments on Tuesday, May 17th. Enter NOW!


 
Gift Card Envelope Fold-over Card


Gift Card Envelope Fold-over

One of the joys of the MISTI is the ability to align images perfectly. Although this is the simplest use of the MISTI, it is the reason I love mine so much - perfectly aligned images every single time. Today's card shows you just how easy it is to place two images on one piece of card stock in perfect position.

If you make holiday cards...you can align oodles of them without any stress. That alone makes this a must-have tool!

To start, I tucked my card stock in the left corner of the Mini MISTI. I placed the un-inked owl image over the card stock where I wanted the image placed, then closed the cover of the MISTI. A gentle press on the lid near the back of the stamp, and it clings to the lid.  Then just ink the image, close the lid, and press.
To place the sentiment over the owls, I placed the owls in the right corner of the MiISTI, placed the sentiment where I wanted it, and repeated the pressing, inking and stamping process.

 
For full disclosure, this is a make and take that we have done at a few rubber stamp conventions this year ( on Friday evenings). We just leave the owl in one corner and the sentiment in the other, and pass the MISTI from person to person.

At one show, 140 people  made these, and every one was perfect.  140. That is an astounding number for perfection!

 
The Fence image was stamped in the same way - and the only reason I am even showing it in the pictures is because it illustrates that the Mini MISTI is large enough to accommodate a normal large background stamp. The stamp above is 4" x 5.25", and there is room to spare around the edges,too.

 

Now it's time to go enter to win the Mini MISTI! Go here:

Also, make sure to go to the My Sweet Petunia blog to find out where to enter every day in the month of May!
  

Images used today:
Technique Junkies Owls
Technique Junkies_ Lock Us Up
Technique Junkies Chain Link Fence
I hope you are a little inkspired by today's issue. See you next week!
Sincerely,

Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkies LLC