I was away for almost 2 weeks. I had to watch my three young grandchildren for almost 2 1/2 days straight. I will need to do this tomorrow afternoon as well. No crafting time with 7, 5, and 3 year old to watch!
But here is my card for today - Monday, September 5. I used two NEW Technique Stamps to create my card. I used Be Scary - http://techniquejunkies.com/be-scary/, and Witchy Moon - http://techniquejunkies.com/witchy-moon/. Remember these stamps are on sale for 15% off through September 8!
By the time I was able to begin to work on this card -- at nearly 9:00PM -- I was almost brain dead. But I forged ahead. I have found -- for me -- if I need inspiration I need to look at what ever scraps are laying around on my craft table and see what I come up with. And that is what I did!
I saw a piece of orange glitter paper and wondered what I do with it. I used Art Anthology paints and some other thick paints very similar to those for this card. I spread of the green paints on the bottom of the trimmed to size orange glitter paper. Then I sprayed some purple Art Anthology Colorations spray across the top. I used a paint brush to spread that puddled Colorations spray across the sky. I heat set those paints. Then I inked up the witch with black Versafine ink pad and stamped it on the orange glitter paper. I wasn't even sure this would work because of the texture! I spread detail black embossing powder over the image and heat embossed. I was quite please with the results! A word to note - this glitter paper is very smooth! However, the center of the very solid parts of this image did not emboss as well as the edges. So I "painted" some the reinker for this ink pad over those solid ares and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder. Success!
Now I want the moon to stand out against the orange sky. I first tried the Art Anthology gold Minx and painted it over the surface of the moon, It worked to a certain degree but not how I was now envisioning the moon to look. I put on two layers of the Minx and heat set between each one. Then I took some of the light yellow Art Anthology bger medium and painted over the moon. That was better but still not "quite right." So I got out the gold Minx again and spread more of that over the gel medium. That was closer to my imagination! Then I heat set it. As it dried the moon's surface developed sop,e interested texture.
I stamped the verse on yellow vellum, heat embossed it, and ran it through the smaller Xyron machine. After tearing the edges I adhered to the card front. It is all layered on black card stock.
Happy stamping, and get inky!