Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dimensional Birch

Hey there fellow Junkies!!

Kathy, The Crafty Nurse here today with, yes another project featuring September Release, "Birches #S686" for my inspiration today.  What can I say.  I just LOVED this stamp!

As we prepare for the October Blog Hop on the 1st, I wanted to share how I used some Art Anthology dimensional paints to create texture and vibrant color using this awesome stamp.

I began by stamping "Birches #S686" with Archival Jet Black Ink using my Misti tool so that I could get a nice dark background.  Don't forget to take out the padding in your Misti when using these cushioned stamps.  I then laid down some Hero Arts Die inks in Butter Bar, Pumpkin Spice and Rust using the Faux Paint Swatch technique (but only using 1/2 of the tape) on the right of each tree.  I then broke out my Art Anthology Dimensional Paints in Kenyan Copper, Pumpkin Spice, Vegas Gold,  and Terracotta swiping them over the branches.  The dimension of these paints is fabulous and really looks like tree bark.


Hope you'll join us in October 1st for the Design Teams showcase of the October Technique Junkies Release.  Until then, keep inking!

The Crafty Nurse

No comments: