Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fall Birch

Hey Junkies!

It's The Crafty Nurse here with a bit of Fall inspiration featuring my favorite stamp from the September Technique Junkies release the "Birches #S686".  What I love about this stamp is it can be used as both a focal image and a fabulous background.

I began by stamping the "Birches #S686" stamp with Archival Jet Black Ink.  I used the Faux Paint Swatches technique from April/May 2013 newsletter with Hero Arts Butter Bar, Pumpkin Spice, Just Rust, Cup O' Joe, and Charcoal.  I used a Simon Says Stamp "Grant Maple Die" to cut a window and embossed with a Darice Leaf folder for the center which I inked for added contrast.  The sentiment is a My Favorite Things "Thanks" die that I stacked and embossed for high contrast.



I just love this time of year and this September release has given us some fabulous tools to celebrate in style.

Happy Inking!!
The Crafty Nurse

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Absolutely stunning. You have really done a nice job with your two cards using this stamp. What an inspiration you are!