Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A CHRISTMAS COW JOINS THE 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS PARTY

Hello Junkies!!!  It's almost Christmas and I'm here celebrating 30 Days of Christmas with you and my 'bovine' party animal!!!  The celebration goes until December 14.

I used my artistic license to transform the giraffe in this "Safari Santa" stamp 




into a cow!  As a matter of fact, a holstein cow.  I'm sure it was sketched and designed to be a giraffe due to the title, so I hope I don't insult the artist.  I just couldn't help myself.  We live on a farm, and while we don't have livestock (including cows) of our own, each summer my husband's cousin uses our farmland to graze some if his holsteins.  So, I saw a cow in this stamp.  



I used Copic Markers to color this entire image, including the blue sky background.  I don't know if the photo shows the Wink of Stella highlights I put on the hat and furry cuff, but it really gives it a gimmery touch.  After framing it with brushed gold cs using a stitched square frame die, both are from MFT, I mounted that layer on a barn red cs layer I'd embossed to look like a barn.  I then punched out some snowflakes and stars in glitter paper to add as random embellishments.  The sentiment is Merry Christmas 2, which was stamped in VersaMark and then heart embossed with white ep.  

I hope you're finding as much inspiration from the 30 Days of Christmas as I am. And don't miss the 25% off all Christmas Stamps from now until December 14.  

Thanks for stopping by.