For today's card, I used one of my favorite background stamps along with one of my favorite color combinations.
- Technique Junkies Stamps: All Is Calm (#SDX079) and Pinecones (#S673)
- White A2 Card Base
- Red and Black Cardstock
- White Embossing Powder
- Red Striped Twine
- Oval and Oval Scalloped Dies
- Versafine Stamp Pad
- MISTI Stamping Tool
- Heat Gun
- On black cardstock, stamp the Pinecone stamp with Versafine Ink. On separate piece of black cardstock, stamp the All Is Calm sentiment with Versafine Ink. Using white embossing powder, heat set both images.
- Trim down the pinecone background and mount to a piece of red cardstock cut slightly bigger than the pinecone panel.
- Using an oval die, cut out the sentiment. Then cut out a red piece of cardstock using a scalloped oval die. Attach the two pieces together.
- Wrap twine three times around matted pinecone panel, staggering where the string overlaps, and secure on the back of the panel.
- Attach the panel onto card base. Then attach sentiment panel onto front of card.
This card is very quick and easy, yet leaves a very striking impression. Using the MISTI, it would be a cinch to mass produce a card such this.
Come back tomorrow for Day 17!!
Til next time,
Keepin' It Inky!