Monday, November 14, 2016

Winter Wonderland


This is not necessarily a Christmas card, but it sure could be.  It involved some creative stamping but it was not hard to do. I had this vision in my mind of snow covered trees in the forest.

I first stamped the trees (Technique Junkie Stamps Hillside Pines - http://techniquejunkies.com/hillside-pines/)  with a nice dark green ink.  I stamped them in layers - one on top of the others.  I then cleaned my stamp very well.  I used a heat tool to dry the green ink.  Then I used my embossing buddy over the entire sheet of card stock so I wouldn't get embossing powder where I didn't want it. I inked my tree stamp lightly with Versamark ink.  I didn't want to get a solid image. I did not use my MISTI because I didn't want to have the Versamark exactly where my green trees were stamped.  Then I covered the Versamark with white embossing powder and heat set.  I repeated this process over both the tall and short trees.

Then I used  my handmade and home drawn could stencil.  Sponging different colors over the different sections of the stencil gives a unique look and no sky will ever look exactly the same.

Then I used the Winter Wonderland stamp from the Technique Junkies Winter Wonderland Sayings set - http://techniquejunkies.com/winter-wonderland-sayings-set-of-3/.

Several layers and ruffled ribbon finish the card.  Enjoy your winter.

Have a great day -- and get inky!

Judy Jackson

6 comments:

Diana Enns said...

Very pretty card.......so soft looking

Hetty said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card, Judy!

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty Judy.

Kathy S said...

Great card Judy - love this new stamp.

Mitzi said...

I really like your idea for creating snow and when I can find some time in my craft room I'm going to give it a try.

Michele said...

gorgeous! xo