I have always been fascinated by dragonflies and butterflies. Their ethereal wings fluttering by. I love it when a dragonfly hitches a ride when I'm kayaking. So, admittedly, Dragonfly Collage (S681) is one of my favorite background stamps. It was my inspiration for today's card. I love how the light airiness of the wings are balanced out by the heaviness of the stenciled word. Might just have to make one to frame for my craft space!
To make this card:
- Start with black A2 card base.
- Cut floral paper slightly smaller and adhere to card base.
- Stamp Dragonfly Collage (S681) onto a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of kraft cardstock using Versamark Ink, then emboss with clear embossing powder. Adhere to slightly bigger piece of black cardstock and attach to card base.
- Stamp Dragonfly Collage again onto floral paper using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Trim out the larger butterflies and dragonflies.
- Add foam adhesive to the wing area of each trimmed piece. Remove backing tape. Add glue to the body of the images and attach to the appropriate areas of the embossed background image.
- Using the Art Anthology Soliloquy Stencil and painter’s tape, mask around the desired word and attach to the card front. Add Art Anthology Stone Effects Dimensional Medium in Lava with a paint brush, dabbing through the stencil. Be sure stencil is kept flat to avoid bleeding. Remove (and wash) stencil. Let dry.
--> What inspires you?
Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!