Sunday, April 23, 2017

Abaloney Is No Baloney

Hi, fellow Junkies!

I admit I have been on the Technique Wagon lately. I love learning and trying new things. And this technique called Abalone was a fun one! This technique was from the October/November 2010 Technique Junkie Newsletter.
To start, I stamped the flower image from the new release, You Are The World, in several places around the CS using Versamark ink, stamping off the edge so it looked more like a patterned background. I then stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink. 

Using a small paintbrush and some Mica Powder in different colors, I softly brushed the powders across the stamped images. I then took a larger soft brush and brushed off any excess powder, and added some Nuvo Crystal Drops. The panel was then adhered to a purple card base.


The shimmer of the mica powder on the black cardstock is stunning. It's just so shiny! I hope you give this technique a try for yourself!  And don't forget...
Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


2 comments:

Helen Budz said...

Thanks for sharing this technique and card creation, Ro. The use of the mica powder looks great. Will have to locate some to try this.

Beth Norman said...

Very nice technique and results.