Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fine Frames Three Ways

Hello.  Beth Norman here with a show stopper of a technique.  While looking through all my issues of the Technique Junkie Newsletter I came across a technique that intrigued me and one in which I've never tried before.  It is called Fine Frames and is from the August 2013 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter which you can find here.  I liked the technique so much that I created three cards using this technique.  Each card was coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons and odorless mineral spirits.
My first card uses Darling Blooms.  The cardstock is SU's Tempting Turquoise.
 My next card uses a favourite of mine called Flowers and Feathers Collage.  My matt is SU's Crushed Curry.
Finally I used Dragonfly Collage.  My matt comes from Paper-Garden.ca and my designer paper is from Stampn' Up!

Notice I didn't use any sentiments on my cards?  I thought the eye should focus on the highlighted image and not be distracted by a sentiment.

For you 10% discount on stamps and products, you can use the following code:


4 comments:

StampingJudy said...

These are all beautiful Beth.

Cheri said...

Absolutely sunning!!!! I must give this a try.

Helen Budz said...

Beth, this circle frame highlighting a "coloring" piece is a great idea. Glad you retrieved it. I know I'll be using it soon. TSF.

Aimeslee W. said...

Oh yes yes yes!!! Gorgeously colored and aced this tech!! xoxo