Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Technique Junkies Challenge - Bleach Blocking!

  
Welcome to our newest challenge!

You will have a whole month to complete the challenge. Enter as many times as you wish using the link list at the bottom of the post for a chance to win a $25 Technique Junkies Gift Certificate!
You have until September 10th to enter. Winner will be announced September 11th.

A few simple rules.

You must use Technique Junkies stamps to be chosen to win a prize.

If you don't have any Technique Junkies stamps feel free to play along and link your project but you will not be in the drawing for a prize.

You must use the challenge technique in your project (that's the challenge!)

No linking old projects. Projects must be new.

Please list Technique Junkies stamps with links in your project posts.

Please link directly to your project (not a general blog).

If you have a problem linking to the challenge contact Jeanne

The challenge is... Bleach Blocking!
You can see the original tutorial HERE

For this technique you will need:

white cardstock
dye inks (I used Ranger Distress inks)
plate (for bleach)
paper towel
bleach
ink blending tool (or sponge)


For my card I swiped dye ink pads. Hybrid and pigments inks do not work as well with this technique) across my cardstock. I used Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean inks. I made diagonal lines but you can use any ink design you want for your project. Make sure you have good ink coverage on your cardstock.


I folded a paper towel on my plate and wet it with bleach. 


Dip your blending tool into the bleach and create a pattern by "stamping" the bleach.


I used my MISTI tool along the Let's Play Around stamp set with black ink to stamp my image and sentiment.


How about a discount?


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments:

Karen D. said...

awesome card Jeanne...thanks for the tips.
Karen

very_inky_fingers said...

This was a really fun technique...thank you!