Friday, January 9, 2015

Holly Brown: Distressed Daisies


Hi Junkies!  Happy New Year!  

I am starting out this new year with a new computer as my old one died last month.  We had JUST finished a monthly backup and the computer was restarting when poof.  The hard drive completely died.  Somehow the entire boot sector of the hard drive was wiped out.  So we spent about a week trying to restore it, bought a new drive and tried to copy files, but nada.  Now I'm learning a new computer with a new operating system, and I've had to reinstall some of my programs so I can do my work.  Hopefully I'm back to normal now.  :-)

I decided to play with one of my favorite techniques called Watercolor Distress from the February 2007 issue.  This technique is so much fun as you never know what you will end up with.  I used four ink colors - Plum, Wisteria, Wasabi (green), and Marina Mist (blue) - and I love this aged, almost vintage look of these colors together.  When you do this particular technique, every single piece will be totally different.

I stamped the gorgeous Vintage Daisy Collage stamp (Palettini Collection from Technique Junkies Stamps) right over the colored background and I colored in the butterfly and bee wings with a shimmery glaze pen.  The sentiment is from the Einstein Quotes set (Technique Junkies Stamps).  I stamped it on white cardstock and then cut the lines apart and glued them down separately for added interest.

I hope you give this technique a try - it's fun and easy!  :-)

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Great card Holly. I really like this stamp and I see you put it to good use in many ways.