Monday, September 26, 2016

Have Courage

Greeting Inky Friends!



I decided to pull out an OLD TECHNIQUE from the archives of
TJ Newsletters! This one is called "Chalk Dragging" and is from April 2003, Volume 1, Issue 4! However I used 'updated' materials that I didn't know about (if they were even available then?) like Pan Pastels! I tried it first using just one color and then decided to use
2 on the second piece and liked that result better.





I inked the It Takes Courage stamp in a Clear Pigment Ink Pad (Versamark would work too!) and pounced/sponged the same Pan Pastel colors over the image to set it. The beauty with Pan Pastels is that you can erase it! So i erased around the image and words but not too heavy so I can leave that ghosty look to go along with the dragged look. I then folder over a couple piece of Washi Tape to create little flags and popped up the whole image.


I encourage you to take a look at past techniques and try your hand at 'updating' the technique or using your updated supplies and seeing what you end up with! Who knows? You may end up with a totally new technique in the process!

Until next time,
Happy Creating!
~Tonya oxoxo

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Fantastic job with the technique. I really love those pretty colourful line work. Your card is overall beautiful.