Friday, March 9, 2012

SU Companion CD Blog Hop


This is Judy Jackson bringing you greetings from the Technique Junkie Design Team!

Good day to you and Happy SU Companion Blog Hop! This is the first stop on the Blog Hop. I am sure you will really enjoy all of the creations from the Stampin' Companion CD which features techniques using only Stampin' Up! products.

However, like any good Technique Junkie, members of the TJ Design Team want to show you just how versatile the techniques can be! So this blog hop will feature the techniques but the creations shared will not focus on Stampin' Up! products.

I chose the Reinker Spread technique which I love. It is a technique that is easy to do but gives a WOW look to the finished project. It makes your project look like it was very difficult to do but it wasn't! And it is adaptable and can be used for stamps from a variety of stamp companies. I did use the Shimmery White card stock from Stampin' Up! as I love using that card stock! I will be showing you a total of five cards. My first card to show you today uses a pansy image from PSX. I just love pansies. I love the fact that certain pansy varieties can bloom all winter long bringing the reminder that Spring will come!

I had my 3 and 4 year old granddaughters make a Mother's Day card for our daughter using this technique. It is a WOW card that any seasoned stamper would be been proud of. Of course, I helped with the cutting and finished card but all of the coloring was really done by them! So if they can do it, you can do it too! However, I am not going to show you that card as it used all SU products. I am going to show you some cards that demonstrate just how versatile this technique can be!

The directions for this technique says to use it with flower images but I wanted to show you how this technique can be used with other types of images as well. For these next two cards, I chose stamps from Enchanted Ink, Stampers Anonymous, and the background stamp is from Stampin' Up! Both cards used the same stamps, the very same reinkers, the very same embellishments for layering, and the only difference is the ink that I used for stamping the image. For the first card you can see that the embossed image is white and the second image was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with clear embossing powder. For some images I prefer the image stamped and embossed white and for some some images I prefer the image stamped and embossed in black. Which do you prefer for the fairy image? I like both cards and so it is a matter of personal preference.

I also used the TJ Antique Glimmers (December 2009 newsletter) technique on various backgrounds on some of the cards.












My next card for this Blog Hop is a St. Patrick's Day card and the shamrock stamp is from Stamp Oasis. You can see the image looks great stamped and embossed in white. The smaller stamped shamrocks are from Hero Arts. The greeting is from Rubber Cottage.

And now for the last card.











The last card I want to show you uses a stamp from Sweet and Sassy Stamps and it is a newly released stamp this spring. While the other stamps have had a relatively defined image and I was able to cut it our cleanly, that is not the case for this image. There are no clearly defined lines so I chose to cut it out along the edges of the flourishes and then on to the next flourish. The vellum paper was stamped years ago with SU stamps and I laid it over some shimmery yellow paper to create the background. The greeting is also from SU.

I really like all five cards and I hope you do as well. Now please continue on through the rest of the Blog Hop Participants and on toward the wonderful prize Pat Huntoon will have for the winner at the end.The winner will be randomly chosen from commenting hoppers and will be posted on Pat’s blog the following week (not sure what day….). All of the instructions will be on Pat Huntoon's blog post! The prize will be the winner’s choice of any TWO TJ CD’s J What a great prize. Perhaps you will be a lucky winner!

I hope you add a comment to this blog and other blogs as well. I know I read every blog comment posted to my blog contributions! We all would like to know what is your favorite TJ technique or your favorite specialty TJ CD.

If you do not have the Stamping companion CD you can to go to this link: http://www.techniquejunkies.com/stampin_companion.html to purchase it. I am sure you will find it to be wonderful!

Here are the links to the Hop -- Your very next one will be to Jackie's blog. She will have something wonderful for you to see.


Good Luck!

Judy Jackson


53 comments:

Hetty said...

It is a feast to come here and see all your beautiful artwork, Judy. What a lot of inspiration.

Chrissy D said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful work, Judy!

PTW said...

I love playing around with reinkers -- such fun!

Claudine said...

Your work is so great, I love this stuff!! I'm going to do the blog hop, how fun.

1CardCreator said...

Wow what a fun hop and such a generous prize! I like the fairy stamped in white a little better but both look gorgeous. I never would have thought of using the white though.

Anonymous said...

You are a Master Colorist! I absolutely love all your cards. Several birthdays are approaching and you have given me some much needed inspiration.
Evette Rice

LaVerne said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Judy. I don't have that CD but maybe should get it?!

stampqueen said...

LOVE all your cards - just beautiful!!!
You asked what techniques or TJ CD's we liked best well thats a hard one - I usually like best whichever CD I happen to pick up at the moment....techniques well I use alot of them over and over, love the 'Faux DP' as one of my favs.

Lucky Charm Crafts by Lynn Barwald said...

Hey Judy! I think your word is gorgeous! You did such a great job on your cards. My personal favorite is your 3rd card.. just beautiful! What I like the most though is that you used your stash with the stamped vellum. I have been on a mission to use my work that has been stuffed in a drawer for years. Love how you did it too! Lynn B

stamping sue said...

what fun! I like the black fairy she just pops right off the card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Lisa Stewart said...

Wow, these are wonderful cards. I am new TJ, and I'm just loving all the great info and visuals. I'm learning soooooo... much!! I love the fairy in white. I think it gives it that "fairy" touch. The one in black I think looks like a stained glass window, which is also very cool looking. Love your work, and looking forward to the blog hop!

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful Work. The creations are amazing.

Patti J said...

Beautiful work, Judy - thanks for sharing!

Karen R. said...

Hi Judy! First off thank you for sharing! And, second of all... way to get your 3 & 4 year old granddaughters hooked!! Personally, I like the white fairy best! I also like the card next to it better... it has a batik vibe to it which i love!

Phyllis Freese said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the fairy embossed in white.

Niki said...

Beautiful cards. I like the fairies and the pansies. TJ CDs are the greatest, looking forward to seeing more techniques from this one.

BarbaraW said...

Judy, You outdid yourself.Gorgeous cards.

Priscilla said...

Beautiful cards. I like both the black and the white. I am more prone to use black but I need to change my ways after seeing your beautiful cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Celeste said...

Very pretty cards! I know I will enjoy this blog hop!

Shelley said...

Beautiful cards! I will have to try this technique.

Gayle said...

Beautiful! You make the techniques seem really easy. I always try but mine never turn out so pretty.

Gayle
gaylememories@sbcglobal.net

Karen McAlpine said...

Really fun cards. I have the CD but, haven't tried this tech yet. Love your results!

Mary said...

Judy, what lovely cards. A real inspiration.

Cindy DeSpain said...

I don't have all of them and did not buy the SU one because I do not have many SU products. Maybe I should change my mind!

Unknown said...

All of these cards are really great - and I'll bet those granddaughters had a blast creating with you.

Thanks for putting this together
dj_enns@yahoo.com

Carol Taggart said...

Beautiful work, Judy. I'm glad I got to see your creations in person a few days ago. Keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

as always Judy your cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing

happyDiane said...

Lovely cards! I prefer the fairy in white, but my favorite is the last with all of the butterflys, so colorful!

KayJay said...

Judy I love each of your blogs and your projects are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing your inspirational techniques.
Happy Creating!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning projects Judy - love your colors!

Marilyn said...

These are beautiful cards with great color!! Great job on these

Barbara "Bo" Trommer said...

I love this technique. Thanks for showing how beautifully the colors blend.

Ginni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginni said...

As usual, Judy, you have done a gorgeous job on all of these cards. I especially like the last Mother's Day card - beautiful!

Ginni

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful cards- The grand-kids have luckily inherited some of your talent! I absolutely LOVE the color of the first card- love the next cards using all of these fun images!

Mary Strauser said...

Thanks Judy for sharing your talent. Awesome ideas I will have to try.

Gill said...

love the cards, and like the idea that 3 and 4 year olds can make great cards, you must be proud of them

Shirl said...

Judy, I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Ali Manning said...

All the cards are beautiful - I'm off to go visiting!

slbt17 said...

Beautiful - love these.
I prefer the fairy image using the white embossing powder - but they are both stunning!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sandra ltb

Robbie said...

Beautiful cards! Love the St. Pat's one. I have used this technique before but you opened my eyes to other possibilities.

Sue D said...

Great cards and very cool technique.

CarlavdM said...

Judy I like all of the cards you showed.
The card with the black Fairy I like the most, the colours are wonderful.

Vickie Kertz said...

Beautiful cards. I have the CD and hope the blog hop will inspire me to try some things. Thanks for the push.

itzamitzi said...

Gorgeous cards, Judy! I like the way you show how different the tq can look on the two fairy cards. I guess it's time I order that cd!

Mitzi

Cheryl S. said...

Wonderful display of how to show the technique on your two fairy cards- wow! Thanks for the inspirations.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! Love this technique, thanks so much for sharing.

carolyn s

ceashark at aol dot com

Kaye said...

Love the fairy image with the black embossing...the background colors are great.

Holly said...

Love the cards!!!

Catherine Kraft said...

All of your creations are beautiful but have to admit my favorite are the purple pansies, love pansies!! My favorite TJ technique lately has been Zen Stamping, it's relaxing. As far as CD's - I haven't been able to get any yet, so it would be fun to win and finally get a couple.
catherinesangels@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards, as usual.

Patty

pkellogg42 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Judy,

Wondeful techniques and cards but my fave is the use of the black Versafine powder. I love how the image comes out! I owuld love to learn more about the 3d fun & folds CD!

lilscrappers said...

Fabulous cards! I want to try it now. Too often I can't think outside the stamps that are shown (the flowers) to use the technique.