Karen McAlpine with you today to share a Holiday project. Although it is only Fall and we are thinking about Halloween and Thanksgiving cards, I have been making Christmas projects this month. Trying to get a bit of a head start this year. Today's project is made with a gorgeous October New Release from Technique Junkies. This what the stamp looks like.
When I first saw that stamp, I thought silver embossing and then decoration or ornament. Putting on the old thinking cap, I decided on the Graduated Star Book (tutorial is from the Fancy Folds and Motion CD from Technique Junkies)
Stamp: Stars Are Brightly Shining from Technique Junkies
Ink: Versa Mark
Silver Embossing Powder
CS: white, dark green
DP: DCWV and Anna Griffin metallic papers
Tree Edge Punch
Happy and Christmas Words die cuts
Following the Graduated Star Book Tutorial I constructed the book. I omitted the instructions for punching in the top layer.
The book looks like this when it is closed and tied shut with ribbon.
Cover:Front and Back
- Follow the instructions on the tutorial to construct the book using white CS for the pagers and metallic papers for the second layer
- On white CS, stamp the Stars are Brightly Shining Stamp with Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with silver embossing powder - make 3
- Cut the stamped image in half
- Add the stamped pieces to the pages
- Punch strips of dark green CS with the edge punch and glue to the edges of each page
- Punch 14 snowflakes from metallic papers and add to the pages
- Add glitter glue to the snow flakes
- Die cut the words Happy and Christmas from green CS and add to the front and back covers
- Glue long pieces of ribbon- one to the back and one to the front cover. The ribbon will be used to tie the book closed
- Embellish covers with punched snowflakes, glitter glue and ribbon bows --Glue bows over the ends of the long ribbon pieces
This lovely star book could be hung or placed on a table for a pretty Holiday decoration. It would also be a super nice card for an extra special person. The stamp can also be used to make gorgeous cards. Be sure to check out all the fabulous new release stamps here.
See you next time!!
Dreaming and Creating Blog