Saturday, June 5, 2010

Walnut Ink Stain




Hi everybody!! Kathie McGuire here today with the Walnut Ink Resist technique from 4/08.

This technique is so fast and easy and I'm always amazed at how stunning the results are! Have you tried it??

With such a stunning background, I decided to keep the card simple and add embellishments that wouldn't compete with the watery stained look that the technique creates. So, I added a small bit of tule by wrapping it around the technique layer like a package and then just taped it in the back. Easy! Then I added my matting and attached all of that to the card base.

Lastly, I added the stick pin with a few beads from my stash and held them all on the pin by putting a little bit of tacky glue on the last bead.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the project! Thanks for looking!

Kathie McGuire

9 comments:

creations by jackie said...

Awesome, I love the vintage look of your coard

Orion Designs said...

I love the simplicity of this technique and use it often. Your card is a stunning example!

Desiree said...

Very elegant! Thank you for sharing.

Terry said...

Love this beautiful card and that pin is fabulous!

Linda DesGroseilliers said...

Another beautiful card, Kathie. It is a fairly simple card that looks extremely elegant. I love it!

Anonymous said...

It really is quite beautiful!

Cindy Key

Chrissy D said...

OHHH BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are such a Rock Star, Kathie! Love It!!!

Hetty said...

This card absolutely has a WOW factor!!

Shelly Hickox said...

Wow, this is stunning!!!