Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine Mixed Media Card and a Tag

Good morning Junkies!  I've got a couple of items to share with you today.  So without further ado, here they are:


I started with a 4x6 watercolor mixed media card (the kind you use with Project Life).  I inked up Le Tour Eiffel with Memories Delicate Rose ink and stamped it in the center of the card.  Next, I punched out some hearts and embossed them with red and white embossing powder.  I added a die cut cupid I had laying around in my stash.  Finally, I stamped a fitting sentiment from Mae West Sentiments at the top and bottom of the card.


For this large #12 tag, I started off by stamping Batik Flourish on a smaller, scalloped tag and embossed the flowers with Lindsay's Stamp Gang Angel Wings Mauve.  Next I painted my embossed image with Art Anthology Vegas Gold & Chocolate Sorbets and Silks Emerald Green.  I then added the circles from Batik Elements Set of 6 and painted them the same colors as my flourish.  Once the paint was dry, I sprayed the tag with Art Anthology Wild Orchard Colorations.  I then set the tag to one side.

I sprayed a #12 tag with Art Anthology Plush Colorations and let it dry.  I then stenciled with one of the Art Anthology Off The Grid Stencils (they come in a set of three) and Gold Texture Luxe.  Using my scalloped tag to figure out placement, I used some floral die cuts from a Tattered Lace die and adhered everything down.  I stenciled DREAM using the Art Anthology Soliloquy stencil and Black Leather Jacket Sorbet.  Finally, I flicked some watered down Tuxedo Velvet across the tag.  Yes, it was a very involved tag.

Hope you enjoyed today's projects.  Until later..........................





Marilyn

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Great projects. I love how you added the cupid to your Eiffel Tower.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice samples, Marilyn. That Valentine is speaking to me. ;-) xoxo, Aimeslee