Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Totally Non-Holiday Card

We pause the hectic holidays to bring you this brief non-holiday post! lol.  I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and I'm sure you are all busily preparing for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa. I, myself, thought I would do a little non-holiday post to give myself (and you too!) a break.

When you look at this card, it is very hard to tell that the background is not a photograph! Check it out!


I used a medium blue cardstock and stamped the Blue Jeans Background Stamp using Memento Ink (Paris Dusk). I then took a golden yellow colored pencil and highlighted the stitching. I also used a silver metallic pen to highlight the rivet.  I had to do a double-take myself because it looks so much like a photo of denim!

For the label, I used the newly released Stay Humble Stamp and Memento Ink (Love Bug). I die cut the label and added a little smudged ink around the edges. The label was then attached to the denim panel and some red buttons added. The panel was matted with red cardstock onto a golden yellow card base.

If you are interested in some new stamps and would like to save 10%*, use my discount code below:


I hope you enjoyed this brief holiday intermission. We now return you to your regularly scheduled holiday happenings!

Til next time,
Keepin' It Inky!


5 comments:

Cheri said...

OMG!!! This is fantastic, Ro!

lynda said...

LOve this, Ro! The pocket does look like a real piece of denim! Amazing inking there!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Fabulous card! Your pairing of stamps is just perfect!

Marcia said...

That is amazing!! What an awesome card!!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work.