Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!

Happy February 7th, everybody! Not that it's any kind of special holiday or anything, but we may as well enjoy life while we are here!

And speaking of enjoyment, I have been enjoying the heck out of the new Keep Chickens  set. Did you know that you can still save 15% on this and the other new releases until tomorrow, February 8th. So you'll want to hurry. If there are other goodies on your radar, you can save 10% on those by entering the code TJ10Ro at checkout. This code is good any time throughout the year...no expiration!

If you haven't checked out this set yet, there are a whopping 13 stamps in it!! Chickens, roosters, chicks, eggs, and sentiments. Something for every occasion! I have had so much fun playing with these adorable stamps. I have used five of them on the card I have to share with you today!


To create this card, I started with a gray card base. To that, I added a piece of vellum that I dry embossed with a cute chicken-wire pattern. I used my cutting machine to cut out Happy Birthday in vinyl and attached that to the vellum, along with a little black jewel.

For the chicken panel, I did a little masking. Using my stamping tool, I stamped the chickens on the right and left and then added a mask to them. I then stamped the middle chicken and the chick. These were all done in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Using a grey ink, I randomly stamped the "cluck cluck" and then trimmed down the piece. I swiped the black ink across the top and bottom border to give it a little definition, and attached the panel with foam tape.

I opted to keep the card monotone so it could be used for a feminine or masculine birthday. The hardest part about making this card was deciding which of the adorable chickens to use! Here is the whole set.....see what I mean?

I absolutely love this set. Have I mentioned that? I love it! lol 

Hope you enjoyed the card today and are inspired to have some fun! Remember...

And the new releases are 15% off until TOMORROW (February 8th).

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Everyone is loving these chickens. I absolutely love what you did with them. The embossing of vellum looks great.

lynda said...

Love these chickens. The black and white treatment really looks great, Ro! Love what you did here.