Sunday, May 20, 2018

Snarky Sentiments!

Hello Everyone!

I have a couple of cards to share today and both have to do with food!  Hmmm, wonder what
this says about me??
Both cards use the Inside Out: Live Forever Stamp Set.  These are super fun and a bit snarky sentiments.  You can get them here and if you use code TJ10LeeAnn, you will get 10% off your order.   I challenged myself to let the sentiment be the focus of the card.


This first sentiment is a hoot!  Truth be told, I have often thought this, LOL!  I made my own background with the Birthdays and Donuts Stamp.  I used my MISTI and masked the sentiment off
to create this background.  A piece of vellum tones down the background, keeping the sentiment the focus.
I love the look of the Marble Swirl Background stamp- I stamped it tone on tone and die cut a circle from the paper, using it as a layer behind the sentiment.  The stamp reminds me of icing.  :D
And the INSIDE of the card (if you haven't guessed it already!)~

Or in this case, eat donuts!

Next up is a design that I keep coming back to- using the negative pieces from a background die.


I used some citrus'y' colored cardstock and die cut it, using negative pieces from the 4 different colors of cardstock.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.  I took the idea of salt and added Martha Stewart clear glitter to each of the dots to mimick salt.  Once you see the inside of the card, you will understand the salt!


I made the slice of lime just by die cutting 3 different sized circles- 1 white and 2 lime green.  The lime segments where hand trimmed.
There you have it, 2 cards with a simple sentiment as the focus.
Are you up to the challenge?? 

 Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous and crafty week!

Lee Ann
greytpapercrafts.blogspot.com

1 comment: