Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Distressed Glue Backgrounds

The current Technique Junkies Technique Challenge is Distressed Glue.   I had never tried it, so I dove right in.

Remember, if you go shopping at Technique Junkies, use my discount code TJ10Stephanie at checkout for 10% off your purchase.

I cut a piece of white cardstock into fourths and created four different backgrounds (if you're gonna get messy, you might as well do several).



I used two different combinations of blue & green ink with a plan to go in with yellow for my third color after the glue.  I was pretty messy with my ink blending, since I knew it likely wouldn't affect my finished design.


After the ink dried, I sprinkled some water on a few of the cards and then I applied good old Elmer's Glue All in diagonal smears across my inked backgrounds.

This is what my backgrounds looked like after they dried and I applied Scattered Straw Distress Ink over the top.


You can see the nice contrast in the areas that weren't covered with glue.


I used the City Watercolors Background in Black Stazon Ink with my first background ... I love the streaks in the sky.


The sentiment is from Typewriter Set.  I punched it with a circle punch to look like a rising sun (or setting sun depending on your perspective).


I used the same City Watercolors Background on the brighter green/blue background ... this time with the Soul to Dance sentiment.


For my final card, I used the Floral Dot Background and a sentiment from With Sympathy.  This background technique is perfect for this beautiful grungy background.

I hope you'll find your bottle of glue and have some fun with us at Technique Junkies (remember ... you could win a $25 gift certificate if you use your Technique Junkie Stamps).


Stephanie Severin


1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

This looks like a fun messy technique I must try. Gorgeous cards too.