Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Old Friends on Designer Papers

One of my favorite techniques is stamping on designer paper.  I thought it would be fun to see the different looks I could achieve with the wonderful photo-realistic Technique Junkies Old Friends stamp.

Remember, if you go shopping at Technique Junkies, use my discount code TJ10Stephanie at checkout for 10% off your purchase.

I searched through my designer paper scraps for a selection of papers to try.  I started with this teal marbled paper and Versafine CLAIR Warm Breeze Ink.




One key to remember (especially when using a stamp with faces) is to make sure there aren't patterned elements that obscure the faces.  I positioned this image so that the faces were in the white portion of the marbling.



You could also add color to the boat or swimsuits, but I chose to go with a monochromatic design for each card, so you could see the different effects I achieved with just a single color of ink.


For this one I used VersaFine CLAIR Acorn Ink on a piece of Birch Bark designer paper.


And my final one used Chianti VersaFine CLAIR ink on a piece of pink patterned paper.

I will warn you, once you start playing with different inks and paper scraps, it can get quite addictive ... so fun to see what you get with the different combinations.

Now to go put these in the mail to some of my dearest friends across the miles (you know you've got friends who would love to receive some mail from you ... go mail those cards).


Stephanie Severin

No comments: