Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunflower Sentiments

Hello Technique Junkie Friends!

Today I am not sharing a Father's Day card!  When I prepared for this post, I totally forgot about it being Dad's Day.  So, today you get a Get Well card made with one of the June Release stamps, the Sunflower Duo stamp.  Looking to shop? You can get 10% off your order with code TJ10LeeAnn .


This beauty was perfect for a technique I had been wanting to try- Copic coloring over distress ink.  I started by smooshing distress inks on my craft mat, spritzing them with water and then pressing my watercolor paper into the inks.  I dried the ink after each layer applied.  Once I had achieved the desired effect, I stamped the Sunflower Duo on top of the dried distress ink with Memento Black Ink.  Using Copics, I then added color/shading on top of the distress ink.
Once I was done coloring, I did a version of the clipped corner technique, only this time instead of a corner, the right side was clipped.  The image was then matted and adhered to the card base.
My sentiment is from the Grand Greeting Sentiment Set.  It was heat embossed in white on vellum.
Lastly, I added a small scallop strip and some sequins for interest and sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you all enjoy the day and get to squeeze some crafty time in!


Lee Ann
greytpapercrafts.blogspot.com

No comments: