Tuesday, June 12, 2018

YOU ARE A HOOT

Hi there, Junkies!!! 

I hope you're all doing well.  I've got a super cute card for you today, using the stamp set "You Are A Hoot" from the May 2018 release.  This set has seven stamps and is a real bargain for your collection.  If you'd like to grab it, you can use my discount code TJ10Cheri for a full 10% off this set, plus any an all other stamps you might like.  


The process I used to make this card is very simple and a great way to use small stamps.  I first stamped the little owl where I wanted her on my card base.  Then made a mask by die cutting an oval negative in a piece of regular copy paper the size of my card base and in the position that would expose the owl.  I fussy cut a little mask for the owl and covered the stamped image and then sponged through the opening and around the owl mask.  

Once the sponging was complete, I colored the owl with Copic Markers and added the sentiment.  A splatter effect was made with dye inks (including the one I used in the bg) which gave it more interest and detail.  I then die cut the panel from a scalloped die and mounted it on a neutral card base.   One more final touch was to use Nuvo Glitter Pen in silver to add some glitz and bling to the splatters.  (A girl's gotta have some glitz and bling, right?).  

I hope this inspired you and don't forget to grab my 10% discount if you'd like to purchase any Technique Junkies Stamps in the store.  Just place the discount code in the area marked for it at check out.  



No comments: